Hair loss is a common problem with various causes. However, it is mainly caused by an androgen hormone that is responsible for aging and balding. Hair Loss treatment is, therefore, a huge possibility since it is caused by hormones of this nature. Androgenic Hormones responsible for this condition are made in the testicles and adrenal glands in men and in the ovaries and adrenal glands as well in women.
Both men and women make hormones such as dihydrotestosterone (DHT), underestimation and testosterone. All these hormones are needed for our bodies to function especially when available in desired amounts and concentrations. The exposure of hair follicles to DHT for a certain duration of time, it leads to what is known as androgenetic alopecia. In plain terms, this leads to baldness in both men and women.
Myths about Hair Loss
To carefully manage your hair loss or even avoid it, it is important to stay informed of what actually causes hair loss. There are lots of myths around this that could lead you to make the wrong decisions about your hair. For instance, it is not true that people inherit hair loss from their mother's side. It could be from either side since it can be genetically inherited. Again, cutting your hair frequently will not necessarily make it become thicker. It only appears to be so but will always go back to how it was initially.
Some people attribute their hair loss to wearing a hat. Well, that is not entirely true although it may lead to sebum accumulation hence hair falling out if you put on your hat for a long time. The production of DHT hormone is also related to hair loss. Well, it is important to know the facts. It is the overproduction of the DHT hormone that can lead to hair loss but it is not entirely the only cause for the problem. Other people fear to do shampoo frequently for the fear of hair loss and that is probably something you might have heard. Well, that may also not be true except for cases where the hair roots get damaged which shouldn’t happen.
What to do to Avoid to Prevent Hair Loss
Even with the myths that exist, Jürgen Wandler, the CEO of gesundheit-im-leben.com says that it is important to know that there are things that for sure can damage your hair. To start with, there are some prescription drugs that have been found to cause hair loss. Typical examples to avoid include cholesterol-lowering drugs, gemfibrozil, clofibrate, antidepressants and so on. Other than that, here are practical things that you should consider to prevent hair loss:
- Don’t expose your hair to chlorine
- Moderate combing and brushing your hair when wet. If you exaggerate the action, it will leave you prone to hair loss
- Stop coloring your hair quite often. It is a key factor for causing damage to your hair
- Every shampoo session must be followed by conditioning to manage the grooming
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol. It will be important for you to carefully choose the hair care products to use since some of them contain excess alcohol that can dry and make your hair easily breakable.
- As you work on your hairstyles, avoid braids and ponytails that are too tight because they are also a cause of hair loss too
- Don’t expose your hair to regular heating. Regulate your hot-curling, blow-drying and exposure to irons for straightening
- Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits to keep your hair healthy and most importantly, take in a lot of water.
- Where possible, avoid birth control pills. Consult with your doctor on what you should do to manage this and any other abnormal loss of hair that you may experience.
One of the reasons why people don’t get to manage their hair loss condition well is due to the many myths that revolve around this condition. Without the right information and guidance, you may find yourself acting on the wrong facts of information. Some bad tendencies can lead to hair loss but they are not entirely why you are losing some of your hair. There are many other things as highlighted here. All you need is to take these practical steps in managing the condition and you will be fine.